With the job market the way it is right now I thought I would post up some tips for job seekers. I hope these are useful tools for people looking for work. Good luck!
- Do not complain about former supervisors, employers, or peers.
- Do not answer any incoming phone calls on your mobile phone (set phone to silent or leave it in your vehicle).
- Do not interrupt the interviewer – be patient when replying to questions.
- Make eye contact and have a firm handshake
- Arrive to the interview early (5-10 minutes) and give yourself a large enough window (if employed) so that you have plenty of time to interview without becoming rushed or anxious.
- In the unforeseen circumstance that you are running late, call us IMMEDIATELY so that we can contact the client and inform them. You do not want this to damage your chances.
- Answer all questions clearly and concisely. Do not ramble. If necessary, ask the interviewer “Did my reply answer your question?”
- ALWAYS SEND A FOLLOW UP THANK YOU NOTE/EMAIL AFTER THE INTERVIEW