FoMoCo was having a bad year in 1992 and sales were down, they came out with this Special Edition LX 5.0 Convertible in Performance Red. This is actually the 3rd time that FoMoCo had made the Special Edition Convertible (ALL WERE LX’s, NEVER A GT) the 1st was a 1990 Green ( often refered to as the 7-up car, then the 1992 1/2 Performance Red, unique with a white top rear spoiler, the wheels were actually painted in a PEARL WHITE, the white leather interior was also a one time deal for this model only and is the only time they used BLACK PIPING on the white interior.
I have gone through this car top to bottom and back to front. I do have a new top for it to install but never put the top up so I have yet to do that.
Some basic important specs are:
* Stroked 347
* ATI Triple Intercooled Procharger
* Red with purple pearl (You can see the color changes depending on light source in pictures)
* White racing stripes with a slight gold pearl
* Year 2000 Limited Edition White Leather seats.
* Black clothe/ white leather interior.
* Alpine 6 disc changer
* Alpine Deck (includes tape deck)
* Sony 4 channel amp
* Racing fuel system
* Should dyno around 500-625
* Never raced
* Rarely Driven (like VERY RARELY)
* Name it and it’s been replaced, restored, redone, upgraded, etc
* Custom Wheels
* Racing Suspension
* Brand New Tires
* Etc, Etc, Etc.
* Front to back and top to bottom I installed the best available at the time.
I have won several hot rod and / or custom car shows with this car. It has been on the trailer more than on the road. I have a video of how it sounds when I was tuning with a friend and many pictures.
It’s rare, it’s awesome, and it’s no joke. There is a ton of power in this car. The blower should have around 19lbs of boost on a stroked 347 and the rear end can get out from under you in a hurry so only experienced drivers with a love for speed should consider this show car. Owning this car has been an amazing conversation starter and, admittedly, a nice status symbol.
Roll up to any hot rod show, parking lot, etc and start it. The blower and Flowmaster 3 inch race exhaust and 2.5 inch stainless tailpipes are mean mean mean.